Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/07/25

pregnant

Dear Cyberdoc
Turns out I am pregnant! The previous test which I did two weeks ago showed negative because as my doctor explained yesterday the window period is two weeks.
now on the 13th July i had a urethral dilation done. During my pre-op assessment i told the nurses that my period was five weeks late and i could be pregnant. i don't think they took any notice of that. i was under anaesthetic for about 30 minutes and on ciprobay and macrodentin afterwards. what effects might this have on my baby please?

Dear Me

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Ciprobay is contra-indicated during pregnancy and Macrodentin is contra-indicated during the last trimester of pregnancy. Therefore, I suggest that you discontinue with the Ciprobay as soon as possible. Consult your Gynaecologist regarding further steps.

Kind regards