Question
Posted by: Nell | 2007/07/18

Pregnant?

Dear Doc,

I was on the pill and missed two days of my new pack and ended up starting on the placebos and took them for 5 days before i started the active pills, so in essence i was unprotected for 2 weeks. On top of that i got sick with bronchitis and my GP prescribed antibiotics, amoxicillin.

To date i have still not gotten my period, however my breasts are really sore and tender, i'm cramping with no bleeding and am just feeling out of sorts.

Could i be pregnant? I was also diagnosed with PCOS and have been taking glucophage 850mg for the past 4 months. If i am, will the glucophage affect the pregnancy.

Thanks,

Chanelle

Yes you could be pregnant. You should do a pregnancy test. Glucophage would not affect a pregnancy.