Question
Posted by: Nads | 2007/06/21

Pregnant??????????

Hi hope you can advise.

I am now 10 days late with my period. I had a home test done on the weekend and I had a blood test done to see if I am pregnant. Was it to soon??? My last period started on the 10 may '07 and ended on 14 May '07.

When would you suggest that I do a test again. Please advise, I am extremely anxious. How far could I be if I am pregnant.

I have had dizzy spells as well as felt queezy. I feel my uterus more how in the last few days than before and feel tired alot more often. Those are mostly the only symptoms that I feel.

Please advise as to when I can have another test done.

Many thanks
Nadine

If the blood test was negative, then you are not pregnant. It would have been positive by now if you were. A cyst could be causing your symptoms.

4
Posted by: K | 2007/06/21

as far as ive heard blood tests are definitive. wait another 2 weeks and see is period comes or symptoms worsen. i am also in same boat, very dizzy, late and 2 hpts say neg but still dont believe it. this is advice i have been given... WAITING GAME TOTALLY SUX!!!! and now this phantom preganacy thingfreaks me out!!!! Goodluck!

Reply to K
Posted by: jab | 2007/06/21

Hi Nads, if you did an HPT over the weekend and it was negative then I suggest you wait and see what the blood test results are. Some HPT can show a false negative.
Also, it could be that your cycle is messed up due to the stress of wanting to conceive.
Let us know what the results are of the blood test. Holding thumbs that they phone and tell you it is a BFP!!

Reply to jab
Posted by: Mandy | 2007/06/21

This happended to me. Ever since my sister got pregnant while I was trying I've got all the symptoms. It stopped when I realised and accept that I need to get relaxed about falling pregnant and just do the baby dance. But my period never stopped. I was only late. Wait a bit longer or do another blood test. Good luck.

Reply to Mandy

Nads you don't tell us the results of your both tests.
I was reading the Sowetan for today it there is an article Phanthom pregnancy. This is a condition where a woman have all the symptoms of pregnancy only to find out that she's not. If you are desparate for a child then you can have all the symptoms including not to get your periods for nine months.