Question
Posted by: Stashi | 2007/05/04

Pregnant?

Hi There
Hope you can help, my friend called me this morning in a state!
She has been feeling ill for approx 4weeks- dizzy and vomiting and nausea, lots of pain in her tummy!
Her husband took her to the Doc and he did blood tests etc
The doc says the blood test came back Positive for pregnancy, but when he did a scan he could not see a baby?
He now says he is not sure if she is pregnant or if she has a growth on the Uterus?
She must wait 2 weeks and come back and see him?
What do you guys think? Gynae Doc?
I don't know what to tell her?

If she has a very early pregnancy - less than 6 weeks- nothing would be seen on the scan. The blood preganncy test is pretty accurate, so she probably just has an early pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Stashi | 2007/05/04

Hi Nix
Her last period was last month, she was supposed to start on Monday, but didn't!
Is it possible for the tests to show pregnant and not see a fetus?

Reply to Stashi
Posted by: Nix | 2007/05/04

when was her last period?? she might not be far along enough to be able to see the fetus. they will only pick up a fetus if she is about 6 weeks pregnant.

Reply to Nix