Question
Posted by: Petite | 2006/11/09

Pregnant

Doc,

I have been trying to fall pregnant for the past 4 months. This weekend i had a terrible flu and i took Medlemon and cough mixture and painamol. On tuesday i did a pregnancy test and its positive. Will everything i drank during the weekend going to hurt my baby? i am so worried, i am only seeing my gynae on Saturday. But besides that i am the happiest woman around.

Dear Petite

It is unlikely that the medication consumed would have a deleterious effect on such a pregnancy. However, more likely the effect of the actual influenza virus may be a more problematic situation, but in all probability the pregnancy should proceed uneventfully.