Question
Posted by: Tracey | 2005/07/19

Pregnant?

On Triphazil for 9 years, recently missed a pill, had spot bleeding, tender breast, which is normal before period, light headed, hot flushes, can I still have my period while being on the pill and possibly pregnant? Can the pill harm the baby? Thank you.

If you have a period, it means that you are not pregnant. Even if you fall pregnant on the Pill, it will not harm the baby.

3
Posted by: Tracey | 2005/07/19

Thank you Tina/Tracy. Will the home preg test pick anything up after being on the pill so long? I've heard of gals who've taken the test showed neg, then blood test showed post. Is there a "better" test to buy?

Reply to Tracey
Posted by: Tracy | 2005/07/19

HI Tracey

I was taking the pill when I fell pregnant - went back on the pill and was already pregnant.

GP said - I should continue taking pil every second day then every third day for two weeks as not to start the peroid due to the sudden drop of hormones from the pill

Gynae said - stop the pill but it would not damage baby.

I would do a home preg test then take next step from there.

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/19

Hi Tracey

If I missed a pill I would also spot and then my period would begin on the correct day. I've heard you could still have your period and be pregnant, but I speak under correction. If you suspect you are pregnant, rather do a home pregnancy test so that you can stop the pill asap.

Reply to Tina