Question
Posted by: wayne | 2004/03/10

Pregnant?

hi, its been a year after the loss of our baby. we trying to fall pregnant. last month my wife went on the 2nd batch of fertility tablets. she was suppose to get her periods on the 4th already. but nothing yet. could she be pregnant? can a home test be accurate at this time? we going to see a different gynae on the 1 Apr. should we wait?

She could be pregnant, or it could be a result of the tablets. A pregnancy test would be useful at this stage.

2
Posted by: wayne | 2004/03/10

hi, thank you so much for your reply. it gives me a feeling of hope that she is...thanks!

Reply to wayne
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/10

A home test would be accurate at this time and if she hasn't yet got her periods then she could be pregnant. Buy her a midstream pregnancy test from the pharmacy and let her do it first thing in the morning with her first morning wee as this has the most concentrate of the hormone that the test looks for.

Falling pregnant again can be very daunting after a loss so give her lots of tender loving care. I had a miscarriage last year and my husband has been instrumental in helping me get over it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both that she be pregnant again. If she is the appointment on the 1st of April will be fine.

Reply to Wendy