Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/03/09

pregnant??

I'm a 25 year old woman, and my partner and I ALWAYS have protected sex (using a condom). But now I've missed my period!! I have a fairly irregular cycle, normally about 32 days, but now I'm already on day 37 and still no period! I am experiencing some of my normal PMS symptoms (irritability, cry easily, stomach discomfort, constipation) BUT normally my breasts get extremely sore before my period starts, and that hasn't happened yet! And I feel a bit naucious also.

Now I'm confused, because I'm not sure whether I could be pregnant or not. I've experienced a great amount of stress the past few weeks, and I'm suspecting that the stress could also influence my normal cycle. Could it be stress that causes me to feel naucious and causes my period to stay away? Are there any definite pregnancy symptoms that I could be looking out for?

Please, advice needed urgently, because I'm really stressed about this!

Thanks.

It could be the stress that has caused your delayed period but the only way to be sure that you are not pregnant is to do a pregnancy test. Many of the symptoms of pregnancy, such as nausea, are similar to those of a hormonal disturbance, so this is not a reliable way to tell whether or not you are pregnant.

2
Posted by: worried | 2004/03/09

Thanks Storm, I appreciate your reply.

Reply to worried
Posted by: Storm | 2004/03/09

It might be due to stress .... I would suggest that you wait another 2 days, if no period by then, take a home pregnancy test to confirm.
The best pregnancy sign is a missed period, but stress can also be a major culprit.
Hate to say it, but just hang in there for another 2 days and then have it checked out.

Wishing you luck !!

Reply to Storm