Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2004/01/30

Pregnant!

On the 14the I wrote to ask if it's possible that I can be pregnant. My period still hasn't come, & I started feeling nauseas. I went to the Doctor yesterday, he told me I had infection in my stomach as well as in my colon! But the urine test showed him exactly what he was looking for.. He rushed me to the sonar room very exitedly, & yup, the sonar was the final evidence! I'm approx. 7 weeks pregnant!

Problem is, my husband isn't very happy, he says he's not ready for this ( he's 29) & financially it's going to be too much of a strain. He wants me to go for an abortion! I'm completely heartbroken. I thought after 7 years that he'll be much more excited. I know I can't go through this alone, I need him by my side.

Any advice anybody?

Perhaps CyberShrink can help you with this difficult situation.

4
Posted by: DM | 2004/01/30

Hi Daisy, I'm also very happy for you.

I think you should give your husband some time....Even if he doesn't change his mind, you can manage to carry that pregnancy to terms. And I'm sure once the baby is born he'll regret what he said to you before.

I fell preg when I was 16, and both of us were not ready, we were still at school and young. My husband suggested abortion but I denied. But after I refused he immediately stopped his abortion things and supported me throughout pregnancy. Now our son is turning 10 yrs in May and he is his father's Angel. We are now married for 4 yrs and expecting our second baby on the 27th of May.

Don't abort that precious gift from God.

GOOD LUCK & keep us posted

Reply to DM
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/30

I'm happy for you.....congrats!!!!

Maybe give hubby some time......
Don't go for an abortion..... I don't think you have to end your pregnancy just b'caus hubby is unhappy, I'm sure he knows all about the birds and bees, so he must take responsibility.
And if you want this baby, all the more reason to keep it.
Give him time, and I'm sure he will change his mide as soon as he sees baby on the screen.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/30

Congratulations!!!

It is the most amazing experience. My hubby wasn't too sure if he was very happy or not. But within two weeks he admitted that it had changed his life and he has been so dedicated since then. He is also very anti-abortion now and would never even consider it. He loves his little baby and can't wait to meet him in less than five weeks!!

You would never forgive yourself nor would you forgive your husband if you had an abortion. It would probably cause such a rift in your marriage as you really sound like you want this pregnancy! So don't do anything you will regret!

This baby has come to you for a reason, love it as much as you can! And do what's best for you and your baby!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/30

Hi Daisy

I fell pregnant by accident with my first baby. We were going to still wait another 3 years before trying. When I told my hubby he was very upset to say the least. It took him 6 months of my pregnancy to start to accept it and never went with me to any of my appointments. She is now his blue eyed girl. It sounds like you want this baby so if you do terminate you will never forgive yourself. But then he might never forgive you for keeping it. You need to decide which is easier to live with. I did it "alone" and you can to. If you want to wait until you are financialy ready you will never have kids.

Reply to Belle