Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2004/01/14

Pregnant?

Hi Doc.

I've been on Triphasel for 6 years now. I stopped taking the pill on the 8th of December. I have noticed that my breasts are vissibly fuller, & they are very tender, & my nipples are very very sensitive. I have not had my period as yet, only a little spotting, that lasted for a day, I did have cramping, like just before your period starts. My previous period ended on the 6th of December. Is it possible that I'm pregnant, or is it just my body adapting? I'm not experiencing any other symptoms.

Thanks!
Daisy

It may be either. The safest thing would be to check a pregnancy test.

4
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/14

With my first child I forgot to take my pills for 3 - 4 days and got pregnant and with the second one it took 2 months. Because my first one was not planned I did not recognise the symptoms and went to my GP because of pain in my breasts and side and only when he asked if I could be pregnant did it click. This was before my next period was even due.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/14

I was off the pill for 4 months before I fell pregnant, 12 weeks now.
It could be hormones or you could be pregnant, I would do a test, but don't get your hopes up......
Good luck.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: www | 2004/01/14

Well, I went off the pill and was pregnant 2 weeks later, so anything is possible...

Reply to www
Posted by: E | 2004/01/14

It could be that your hormones are unbalanced because you are off the pill. My breasts also started getting sensitive when i went off the pill, we tried for 2 years before i fell pregnant. i am now 8 weeks pregnant. i think you should wait until next month and see what happens. if you are too curious, go to a pharmacy and get a home test. they are very acurate, well, in your case, i would have... :-)

Reply to E