Question
Posted by: JESSIE | 2007/07/31

Pregnant- 1st visit to Gynae

I'm a 2 year old female and 8 weeks pregnant. I have never visited a gynae and next week will be my 1st visit. What should I expect ? What are some of the tests that will be done ? I'm rather nervous, and already feeling embarrased about the whole experience

I hope that Annie has helped.

2
Posted by: JESSIE | 2007/08/02

ANNIE- OMG- THIS IS EMBARRASSING. MY AGE WAS A TYPING ERROR. IT SHOULD'V READ 26 YRS OD.

Reply to JESSIE
Posted by: Annie | 2007/08/01

Hi Jessie,

You should be embarrased if your'e pregnant and only 2 years old :-) Just kidding!

There's nothing to be nervous about. I'm assuming you're been visiting your gynae annually? It is not a great experience but it is necessary. On my first visit (also at 8 weeks) my gynae did the usual blood pressure test, breast exam, etc. The she did a scan and we could hear the heartbeat and see the 'baby' on the monitor. It is not painful at all - just some pressure on your bladder. They do a urine test and a blood test (to establish blood group, check for any irregularities and immunisations.

I dont look at any of the instruments and just concentrate on breathing. I also talk alot when I'm nervous. But it is not painfull at all - promise!

Reply to Annie