Question
Posted by: sweety | 2007/06/01

Pregnancy vs Antidepressants

Please doc help me out here. I am currently on Aropax cr 50 mg ,I know I should be off it before falling pregnant buthow long should I wait before falling pregnant?

My other question is that I am currently experiencing symptons of early menopause( maybe I am being paranoid) like sweating at night. and reduced menstrual flow. It started at seven days when I was 12 and now it is 2 days and I am 33.
I desperately want to have my second child.

Dear Sweety

The antidepressants are sometimes associated with steady increase in prolactin levels, which could account for the decrease in menstrual flow. Also elevated prolactin may cause ovulatory problems and hence infertility. I would recommend that you have your prolactins checked on several occasions to have a more accurate idea.