Question
Posted by: KB | 2008/06/03

Pregnancy vitamins

Is it better to drink pregnancy vitamins at night or in the morning. I'm suffering from very bad morning sickness or rather day sickness and I thought it might be the pills that are making me more sick. Please tell me this will go away. It's my second pregnancy, but I never had it this bad with my first one. I'm 9 weeks pregnant. And any suggestions for relieving morning/day sickness, please let me know. I'm desperate.

It may be better to take them at night if you are having morning sickness. This usually gets better after 12 weeks. Small meals help and dry toast or ginger biscuits are also useful.

3
Posted by: Michelle | 2008/06/05

Try drinking small sips of Ginger Ale. I found that a little ginger spice in some weak, black rooibos tea also helped. Ginger biscuits did not help me at all.

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: flower | 2008/06/03

Yes, stop taking the vitamins. Seriously. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and when i first fell pregnant everyone tells you to take vitamins,what you dont know, is that the high iron intake in the vitamin makes your morning sickness worse. My gynae said i only need to take the vitamins from week 13. What is important is that you get FOLIC ACID in, so get that at the pharmacy R6 for 100 pills.

you will feel much better, trust me

Reply to flower
Posted by: Amy | 2008/06/03

Come join the pregnancy chat line

Reply to Amy