Question
Posted by: Maine | 2004/11/03

Pregnancy test shows Negative??

I am now somewhere between 8-10 days late. I have never in 12 years of menstrating been this late. I went for a blood test yesterday, and the result came back Negative. My period has still not come. What do i do? My friends and collegues told me to wait until i am between 14 - 21 days late and if the period has still not come, have another test done. But i have this gut feeling that i am pregnant. Anyone felt this before? Please help ease my mind. I feel so depressed and unsure of anything. . .

It is unlikely that you are pregnant. I'd suggest you see your gynaecologist to check for other reasons why your period might be late.

2
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/03

Rather phone a gynae and book an appointment for a scan. Maybe you have a cyst etc.

Rather check this out A S A P

Reply to Francis
Posted by: ky | 2004/11/03

I am sorry, but I don't thinik you're preggies if a blood test has come up negative and you're already 10 days late. If you were preg it would have been positive.
You could be skipping your period for a number of reasons- stress, medication, etc.
If I were you, I'd contact my gynae. He can prescribe Provera to start your period, or you can just leave it if you're not trying for a baby.

Reply to ky