Question
Posted by: Cassidy | 2005/07/18

Pregnancy test reliability

Can a home pregnancy test, when taken 4 days before a period is supposed to start, show a negative result even though i am pregnant? my period is very regular and was supposed to start the day before yesterday. No sign of my period yet, but 3 tests came out negative - we did them all last week because my breasts r swelling.

You did the tests too early. Test again now.

1
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/18

If you suspect that you're pregnant then rather go have a blood test done. The HPT only shows positive when there is enough 'hormone' in your system. I got negative results up to a week & a half after my missed period & eventually went for a blood test which was positive.

Reply to SLC