Question
Posted by: JD | 2005/01/06

pregnancy test - Blood test

If you go for any blood test to determine if you pregnant, how long do u wait before u can get the results.

Usually available within 24 hours.

6
Posted by: Renira | 2005/01/06

My blood test took 20min. I waited for the results at the clinic.
If you pay cash you can go directly to the lab (lancet etc) but if you want medical aid to pay then you have to be referred by a Dr... additional costs and additional time wasted.

Go to the lab.

Renira

Reply to Renira
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/01/06

JD,

It might be a good idea to go for a blood test then just to make 100% sure, you can go to your GP, gynae or closest Pathologist(spelling?)

Let them do the Quantitive test, it measures the number of HCG levels in your blood, then they will be able to give you more info

I just waited for a + HPT before doing a blood test was afraid of the dissapointment but then I miscarried so back TTC'ing

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Rido | 2005/01/06

I did a blood test last week friday and today I'm still waiting for my doc to call me. I was thinking that maybe it's taking too long because they are testing for 4 things. (pregnancy, hiv, i forgot the other 2, i think 1 has to do with blood group or something). I'll call my doc tommorrow to find out maybe he is just sitting with my results. but the 2 HPT tests I did were both positive, so I'm covinced I'm pregnant

Reply to Rido
Posted by: JD | 2005/01/06

Thankyou girls

Hi Jessica

I did do a HPT but it was negative, but I missed two months periods and the time i must get my periods I just had very light
blood and for 3 days.

Now i want to go for a blood test to make 100% sure if iam preggies.

Reply to JD
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/01/06

The doctors usually get the results in 4 hours, (when you eventually get hold of them after that is usually the hard thing)

You could also do a home pregnancy test and when its positive go for blood to confirm...

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Yolande | 2005/01/06

It takes about 1 hour if you go straight to the lab yourself. If you go through your doctor it takes about 2 hours.

Reply to Yolande