Posted by: Confused - 05/08/08 | 2008/08/05

Pregnancy Test

Hi there, On Sat i went to visit the gynae to make sure everything is fine before we started really trying..He said he had to do an internal cos he could not see the womb clearly on the ultrasound...While completing the internal he says that it looks like I' m already pregnant..anyway he said that I should do a home preg test &  sent me to get blood tests done... I did the home pg test on Sat &  it came out positive with 1 line on the round window &  1 on the control so i ascertained that I was..On calling him yesterday he was very reluctant to give me the results eventually very rudely he stated that my blood test reflected negative on pregnancy &  that I should visit him to discuss as there are other issues...I am terribly confused &  very scared...are home pregnancy tests a waste of time...

Home tests are pretty accurate if done at the right time. The blood test is more accurate though.

Posted by: MB1 | 2008/08/05

Hi go see him and find out what is going on. My sister had a mular pregnancy (don' t know the spelling) she had all the symptoms of pregnancy the home pregnancy test showed positive and with her 1st sonar to confirm pregnancy doctor said he could see the uterus " growing"  or whatever they call it and he advised her to comeback in a week to see the heartbeat as it was too early to see it. When she went back the " baby"  was bigger way bigger than normal and as it turned out it was this mular thing. It' s a growth in your uterus that gives of pregnancy hormones ect. Anyway that was the Thursday and she was to go see a gynae to remove it or to find out if she actually was pregnant or not. The friday she got terrible cramps and she " miscarried"  she said it looked like grapes stuck together. Maybe what he saw as a pregnancy is a growth similar to what she had or something less painful and hurting and maybe he wants to talk to you face to face. The good news is after my sister had her mular pregnancy they told her it would take her up tp a year to fall pregnant again and that if she does fall pregnant she might miscarry. She gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby in Jan this year (she fell pregnant 6 months after) i hope all is ok with you and so sorry if i am scaring you. But sometimes there is the most amazing unexplainable things in the woman body happening that maybe this will help you deal with whatever comes your way. The only way you will know what is going on is if you go see him

Reply to MB1
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2008/08/05

That' s scary, I' d also be very confused. Get a second opinion.

Reply to Blondie..