Question
Posted by: BB | 2004/11/16

Pregnancy precautions

Is it okay to have a body message without aromatherapy oils in your firsrt trimester?

Certain oils should not be used. Discuss this with your aromatherapist.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/16

I had one but I didn't know I was pregnant. I must have only just conceived a week before the massage. My baby was born fine.

I think that so long as you make the person aware that you are pregnant, they don't use any aromatherapy oils, and they're trained in massaging pregnant women, it should be fine. You have pressure points near the ankle that can stimulate contractions if pressed, but this is usually only relevent for reflexology.

Reply to Purple