Question
Posted by: Luciano | 2004/12/13

pregnancy or what?

Hi doc
I was just diagnosed as being pregnant by the GP in the past three weeks so my problem is I 've got this terrible moods and my husband is getting pissed off with me, he just can't stand me he told me i'm boring and that makes him furious. The way I feel right now I don't want him either and i'm not talking to him which makes things to be difficult for both of us because i just can't talk to him. everytime I look at him I feel like screaming and chase him away
Could this be the result of my pregnance? please help before I leave my husband.

Mood swings in early pregnancy are very common. Try explaining this to your husband and ask him to be supportive.

1
Posted by: preggies | 2004/12/13

I am so sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time right now. I'm sure you know that hormones in pregnancy do a LOT to a woman (some are unaffected), but the important thing here is that stress is harmful to your baby.
Hubby shoulld understand that you cannot help your emotions at this point, and it is partly his doing that you're like this! Perhaps you could do a search online and find stories similar to yours, and print them to show him that you're not being difficult, you just can't help it.
A pregnancy (especially if it was unplanned) is a huge change to a marriage and perhaps hubby is feeling shocked and scared (a common reaction for scared me is to be angry), about this new phase in your lives. It is a hugely daunting thing!
Maybe counseling would also help- it never hurts to get a mediator in, especially when things are really tough. It is important that you sort this problem out because of the stress it places on you and the baby.
Lastly, congratulations on your pregnancy, it is a wonderful thing- I do hope you manage to fix things with your husband.

Reply to preggies