Question
Posted by: Scared | 2006/07/26

Pregnancy or Cyst

Dear Doc,

I am a bit scared at the moment. My period was due 12/07/2006. I went to a local doctor on 21/07/2006. She preformed a scan and we saw what she said could be one of two things, a cyst or early pregnancy. We did a blood test and it showed a weak possitive. I then went to the radiologist on 24/07/2006. The scan showed nothing. I mean NOTHING. He said that it is most probably to early and segested that I return for a follow up visit on 7/09/2006. I am scared of being pregnant agian. They are talking about a etopic pregnancy. I am concidering going for the Merina implant, but are unsure if I am pregnant or not. What am I to do? Any advice will be apreciated.

If the test was weakly positive, then you need to follow this up. I would suggest that you go back to your doctor now and repeat a quantitative pregnancy test to see what is going on.