Question
Posted by: lala | 2004/11/12

Pregnancy or Cancer?

My breasts are hugely swollen and very painful but I can't feel any lumps. This started in September but I did see my periods. In October I did see my periods but they were lighter than usual. This month I expected my periods in the first week but I am getting period pains with no sign of periods and I am gaining a lot of weight in a very unusual manner. Could I be pregnant or should I be worried about Canser?

It sounds like a hormonal disturbance. If your period is late, you should do a pregnancy test.
If you are under 30 years old, breast cancer is unlikely unless you have a family history.

2
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

You seem to have Premenstrual mastalgia which is common & not really a concern for cancer of the breast. But having said that, you must have your breasts examined at least every year and a mammogram by 35yrs.
If you are concerened you may be pregnant, wait to miss your peiod by a week & do the home preg test which will be quite reliable then.

Reply to dr anonymous
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/12

Well why don't you just take a pregnancy test to get the answer?

Reply to Nuffing