Question
Posted by: Petite | 2006/11/13

Pregnancy miracle

Doc,

My last period was on the 24 September i dd not get a period for the month of October realising that i too a pregnancy test on the 31October and it was Negative and my period was 7 days late. 14 days later i took another one which was positive. My Gynae confirmed on Saturday that i am pregnant, but why was the pregnancy test negative 7 days after my expected period. Is anything wrong with me?

Dear Petite

It is quite conceivable that there was a later than expected ovulation or a delayed implantation responsible for the initial negative test. This problem is quite often noted in fertility treatment and it is always our advice that at least 2 pregnancy tests be done before a negative result is accepted.

1
Posted by: ** | 2006/11/16

Usually pregnancy tests only give a correct result about 10 days after your expected date of period.

Reply to **