Question
Posted by: Lu | 2004/10/29

pregnancy & high sex drive

My hubby thinks the gates of heavens just opened on him, but for the past 2 months I've had a very high (and, for me, very unusual) sex drive. Found out last week that I'm 9 weeks pregnant. Is a higher sex drive and pregnancy related in any way or should we look for the cause of this joyful experience elsewhere?

It's probably related to hormone changes.

2
Posted by: Jelly | 2004/11/01

Hi Lu,

Its different for every women - I have found that with this pregnancy I have an incredibly high sex drive which has only started in the past month of so and I'm 21 weeks. My husband was always the one saying that his sex drive was higher than mine and now suddenly he was asking me just last night if we could "only cuddle" as he was really exhausted!!!

All i know is I'm enjoying myself and not questioning anything..

Have a good time before baby arrives.

Reply to Jelly
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/10/30

Hi Lu,

For some women the libido goes up in the 1st trimester, & for most in the 2nd& again some in the 3rd.
Enjoy contraception free sex.
There is no need to investigate the need why.

Also sometimes the cause is just that you stopped your contareception & sometimes its because you are just stress free. But whatever the reason may be, it is quite healthy to enjoy sex in pregnancy.

Reply to dr anonymous