Posted by: Marelize | 2008/10/17

My sister' s baby is almost 3 and has german measles. We saw the rash the one day and though it might be a heat rash. The next day it was still there. It was too late to take her to the dr to confirm german measles - well, actually since she wasn' t feeling sick, we didn' t really worry about it. That evening we came in contact with my other sister' s daughter who is 14 weeks pregnant. The dr confirmed german measles the next day. MY QUESTION: How long after you have been in contact with german measles, will you know if you have it or not? I am really worried about the baby!

You only know about 2 weeks later. She should see her doctor for blood tests to check if she is immune or not.