Question
Posted by: Marisa | 2007/03/28

Pregnancy examination

I am 3 months pregnant and something is bothering me. I went 3 times to the gynae for my monthly check-ups, and each time when HE examined me (Putting that camera up my vagina to see the baby - not sure what it is called) - HE does not where gloves - is this right? And when HE finishes he wipes the lubricant from my vagina - without gloves!!!! - Please tell me whether this is right or not because it makes me feel very uncomfortable. Are there any tests that I should have done already because the gynea has not sent me for any yet and it bothers me, because my one friend has gone for all sort of tests from 8 weeks already. HELP - maybe I am paranoid?? It is my first baby and is very scared.

You are having internal scans and it is not necessary to wear gloves for this as he should not be touching your vagina. You should have some blood tests, including a blood group, haemoglobin and infection screening.

3
Posted by: Annies | 2007/03/29

I would rather go to another gynae. My gynae always go out and tell me where the tissues are if I would like to wipe myself. As Mel said hy is VERY unhygenic as well.

Reply to Annies
Posted by: Mel | 2007/03/28

It shouldn't be necessary for him to still do internal scans. Your baby should be well developed enough to scan on your abdomen. And as for no gloves, that is unhygenic (on his part) and definitely not kosher.

Reply to Mel
Posted by: alice | 2007/03/28

dr are suposed to wear gloves and they give us, me a tissue to wipe clean. i suggest you go to another dr and maybe this is too much, but i would talk to someone about this...it's not normal in my opinion.

Reply to alice