Question
Posted by: Bridget | 2005/07/29

Pregnancy eating plan

I am 16 weeks pregnant and would like to find out where I can get a healthy eating plan as my doc says I am not getting enough food in during the day.

Dear Bridget
I don't specifically have a diet that you can follow, but if you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' you will obtain a basic low-fat, high-fibre diet that you can use as a guideline. You need to add at least 2 cups of milk or yoghurt to the diet because you are pregnant. You can also eat larger portions of the listed foods because you certainly don't want to lose any weight. If in doubt, please consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). You can also Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Diseases' and read the articles on 'Type 2 diabetes'. Also click on 'Eating throughout life' and read the articles on 'Pregnancy'.
Congratulations on your pregnancy.