Question
Posted by: Vryheid | 2007/05/07

Pregnancy during an endometriosis lap

I had my 7th an endometriosis biopsy carbon dioxide laser laparoscopy two weeks ago. Last week Wednesday I went o the gynae for a check up and all was well, other than the pain on the side he worked on I am healing ok. On Wednesday night I started having nausea and by Friday I took a home pregnancy test which turned out positive. If I am pregnant than according to my count I am fours weeks into it this week, so I was pregnant during the op.

How possible is it that I am really pregnant and how could doctors not have detected or seen the pregnancy during the laparoscopy? What were the risks to the fetus during and after the procedure? What are the "period pains" like pain that I am feeling and lower back pain?

If you are counting the 4 weeks from your last period, then you actually only ovulated and fell pregnant two weeks ago, so might have been just before or after the laparoscopy. It would then not be possible to detect a pregnancy at all and, if the pregnancy test is positive, the pregnancy would not have been affected.