Question
Posted by: Phia | 2004/11/02

pregnancy & candida

As a young girl I had candida regularly, so I know the symptoms and 101 solutions to the problem. Haven't had a candida infection in years, though. I am now 12weeks pregnant and have a bad case of candida. I am not sure what to use this time and I really don't understand why the infection returned after so many years. Is a woman more susceptible to infections when pregnant?

Women are more susceptible to candida in pregnancy. You can use Canesten cream as well as the usual precaution like not wearing nylon panties, etc. You should not use anti-fungal tablets when you are pregnant.