Question
Posted by: BLD | 2008/06/17

Pregnancy at Age 38

I am going to be 38 years old this year. I have 1 child only, who is 16 years old. He was born 7 months premature, with one kidney,his wind and food pipe joined, which required urgent surgery to separate them. My question/s are:

(1) I want to have another child, what is the possibility of me falling pregnant, at my age?
(2) What are the Pros and Cons at my age?
(3) What is the possibility that I could have the same/similar complications as my first pregnancy

Your chances are probably good at 38. Considerations include the risk of chromosomal abnormalities so early booking and tests important in pregnancy.The chances of the problem happening again are probably slim