Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2005/05/22

Pregnancy at 42

I am 42 and have two children, by vaginal delivery. My periods are regular, although heavy. My new partner and I have would like to have a baby. In view of the fact that I had high blood pressure (controlled) during both of my previous pregnancies and have since had a posterior repair for a rectocoele, how advisable would it be for me to try and fall pregnant (naturally - we will not resort to fertility treatment etc). We are aware of all the potential genetic problems i r o the baby, but unsure of the other implications.

The high blood pressure could be a problem as it tends to recur and can cause problems in the pregnancy. I don't nkow how sevee it was previously. In terms of the rectocoele, it would be advisable that you have a caesarean section rather than a normal delivery, but is not a contraindication to pregnancy per se.

2
Posted by: Bell | 2005/05/23

my mom had High blood pressure which was controlled and at 44 she had a baby boy (my baby brother was born in 2001 mom was 44 and dad was 50) she (my mom) is still healthy and she gave bith naturally before baby bro was born we were 5 kids aged 24, 22,20, 18 & 16. (we were all born naturally)
So to cut my story short: GO FOR IT , age shouldnt be a factor as long as you have your bp under pressure I dont think there is anything to worry about.

Reply to Bell
Posted by: karin | 2005/05/22

hi there, i am ttc and i will be 40 in november, i feel if you have your bp under control and doc gives his go ahead then go for it. age shldnt be a factor, there are all the tests to have to check for genetic abnormalities. i have 4 kids already, age 10 7 3 1. so i am pro having a baby if you are healthy and able. sorry to apear rude but we have a regular samantha on this forum, cld you maybe call yourself samantha2 . we form very strong bonds and look foreward to getting to know you.

Reply to karin