Question
Posted by: G | 2004/01/14

Pregnancy and yoga - quite urgent.

Am 8 weeks pregnant. Was doing a yoga session tonite, and suddenly got low abdominal cramps. Am going to the airport in 15 mins, could it be serious?

Expert ImageYoga

Hi G - I don't think I am meeting your deadline but from everything I have read and seen - a safe and regular yoga practice will aid and assist your pregnancy no end, so would very much doubt that it is serious. The provisos are: a knowledgeable and gentle teacher, an aware practice and caution as well as the avoidance of certain postures that might place undue pressure on the abdominal region. I would however suggest that you consult a health care professional in person to be sure and allay your concerns.
In health
Chris