Question
Posted by: VH1 | 2004/12/06

Pregnancy and travel

My wife and I have planned a trip to India leaving on 19/12/04.
We have just found out that she is about six weeks pregnant. Is it safe to continue with the trip with respect to her picking up illnesses in India and what precautionary measures can you advise?

That is a difficult one. I don't know what vaccinations/medications have been advised. If she needs malaria prophylaxis, it would probably be best to defer your trip. There is always a chance of picking up tummy bugs and high fevers can affect the pregnancy.