Question
Posted by: Jacks | 2004/10/27

Pregnancy and Stretchmarks

I am now 28 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my second child. I did get stretchmarks during my first pregnancy and was wondering if i will get new ones with this baby.

I fell pregnant 6 months after having my first baby so the pregnancies are very close together. Would the skin on my tummy still be stretched from the first baby and therefore not get more marks or am i just sticking my head in the sand in hopes of not getting any more?

I do use the Elizabeth Anne's stretchmark cream.
Any help would be appreciated!

It's hard to say what will happen this time. Try Bio oil to prevent stretch marks. You have to use it every day though.

5
Posted by: plsnostretchmarks4me | 2004/10/28

well i will definitely not be trying elizabeth anne's now! I used palmers cocoa butter but it stinks now i'm using bio-oil but not everyday, im 13 weeks, if the stars can do it why cant we, we're all the same in that way.

Reply to plsnostretchmarks4me
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/28

Stretchmarks definitely depend on your skin type and how fast you put weight on or lose it. I used no creams at all while pregnant, and put weight on slowly and steadily. I got no stretch marks at all.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/27

Well with my first pregnancy I had high blood pressure and got alot of strechmarks even on my inside of my legs 'cause the water I got from high blood pressure was going down my legs. I am so unhappy with all the strechmarks and I really look like a map. I always tell my hubby that if you are looking for a place just look at my tummy (latest map available). So I am really hoping that I won't get any more (not that is going to any favours 'cause I can't even wear shorts anymore. I am so shy and imbarres (sorry for spelling) about my legs and tummy.

Oh by the way I have used everything on the market with my first pregnancy from 6 weeks and still got all the stretchmarks so it depends on your skin.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/27

I am the queen of stretchmarks - or so it feels. I had two pregnancies years ago - the last one is 12 years old - and then I fell pregnant again with a big baby - No new stretchmarks, even 12 years after the other, and believe me I was HUGE.
It probably all depends.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/10/27

Hi Jacks

I think it depends from pregnancy to pregnancy. I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my 2nd, also got the terrrible strech marks with the first and that was 5years ago. I haven't noticed any new strechmarks (as yet) It also depends on how your showing, remember some pregnancies your show smaller or bigger then the other. So I think it all really depends.

Hope ur not getting any new ones..

Keep well!!

Reply to Marlene