Question
Posted by: Cindushka | 2006/11/07

pregnancy and spa treatments

Are there certain treatments that are not recommended for pregnant women? My friend is around 4 months and I want to treat her to a spa day but I don't want to have to ask her what she can and cannot do otherwise she will find out what I"m planning. At least if I know what she cannot do I can plan easier!
THanks

She should not use a sauna and there are some aromatherapy oils that should not be used.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2006/11/08

At this stage she can still lie on her stomach, but she can lie on her side if its more comfortable.

Certain aromatherapy oils can't be used, so she must mention that she is pregnant. There are other oils which supposedly have benefits for pregnant women and breastfeeding, so they might offer her these.

There is an area around her ankle that if massaged can stimulate uterine contractions, so once again, she should mention that she is pregnant.

Why not phone the spa and ask them, they will give you the run down, so when you give her the voucher, you can tell her what they've already said.

Reply to Purple