Question
Posted by: nestaen | 2007/06/15

pregnancy and sore coccyx

i have been suffering with a really bad backache for the past 6 months. i went to the doctor and she said somehow i had hurt my coccyx and she put me on medication. its really sore especially when i wake up from the bed. i just found out that i'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby. i have stopped all my medication. i am so worried that this pain is going to affect my pregnancy. what can i do to ease the pain. will it go away on its own or will it worsen during my pregnancy.

If you have injured your coccyx, it does take quite a while to get better - up to two months. Pregnancy should not affect this.