Question
Posted by: dee | 2003/12/09

pregnancy and sore, big breasts. anyone in the same situation?

I am now 8 weeks pregnant and my breasts have gone big and my nipples very sensitive, will my breasts stay like this for the whole 9 months, and if so, how will I ever breast feed with nipples this sore already? Do your breasts stop growing at any stage?

I hope the respondents' advice helps you.

4
Posted by: Kippie | 2003/12/09

Hi there Dee
It is not clear from all the posting from the other ladies, but to put your mind at ease, just in case - your boobs may return to their normal size after the birth of the baby, or may remain the same.
I am now 14 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, and this time round my boobs have stayed the same size so far and my nipples are not that sore either.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Purple | 2003/12/09

The breast tenderness in the beginning of pregnancy is normal, as the other ladies have indicated.
Good news, it does go away around 12/13 weeks. Your breasts continue to grow though, but you aren't in agony if someone so much as walks past you anymore.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Norma | 2003/12/09

I'm with you, I'm 7weeks pregnant and my breasts are saw and big. They feel really big.......

This is my first pregnancy and I have heard all about the pain of breast feeding, Www please would you post the name of the cream.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: www | 2003/12/09

Hiya dee, everyone doesn't suffer from sore and big breasts and nipples, but I think in early pregnancy it's normally worse, since your body's adapting to the new life inside of it, obviously causing a flood of raging hormones making your life miserable. After a while (normally by around 12-13 weeks) things will stabilize and your body will have adapted to the new "working conditions", so you'll start feeling more like a person again, including your breasts and nipples.

You probably won't have sore nipples when you start breastfeeding, but you can definitely be prepared for some quite sore nipples after a few days/weeks of breastfeeding. Man, I did it all wrong with my first baby! With the second one, I tried relaxing more, plus I got an AMAZING cream from the ward sister (cannot remember the name for now, but will try and remember and come and post again later). It made ALL the difference.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy - try to be patient with your body, ;-)
Cheers

Reply to www