Question
Posted by: TJ | 2007/04/09

Pregnancy and smoking

Yes I know this is bad, but I need to know how bad? I'm about 10 weeks, and gave up all my little 'sins' accept smoking. I tried stopping, failed badly at it, tried cutting back to about 2/3 a day but being in a very high level stressed job, I'm back to about 10 a day (better than 20 a day that I use to smoke) I don't think I can quit totally, but what about will be safer?

The more you smoke the worse for the baby, but there is no set amount which is safe.

2
Posted by: SBN | 2007/04/09

"10 a day, better than 20 a day..." Smoking just 1 sigarette a day is bad for the baby. Stop thinking of yoursef and think of your child who didnt ask to be born to you!

Reply to SBN
Posted by: carol | 2007/04/09

Hi, I am not an expert but I really do hope thst you put a greater effort into the challenge. I smoke myself and find it very hard to go without one especially on those stressful days. Many expecting moms smoke throughout there pregnancy, but I personally do not agree with it. I hope that you find the courage to give up smoking completely both for yourself and your unborn baby. With the rising price of cigs its a bad investment anyway! Put tht money into a policy for your future. money better spent, nd you will both be healthier. I hope that you have a healthy and hppy baby, as well as n easy pregnancy. Congradulations on the pregnancy! Regards and all the best for the two of you. Crol

Reply to carol