Question
Posted by: PP | 2006/11/10

Pregnancy and sex

Im 26 weeks pregnant and everytime my husband touches me or ask for sex I feel negative.Yesterday when he was busy kissing and touching me I end up crying, telling him to stop. Can you please advice.....

Some women experience a lack of interest in sex during pregnancy. This is hormonal. Try to explain this to your husband.

2
Posted by: Jessie | 2006/11/11

Hi PP

I totally agree with Nats, hubby must also remember that there are many other ways to be sensual & create an intimate bond that doesn't always result in sex. I know its hard for them to grasp that (My husbands also a difficult one), but what he must realise is that he needs to create a warm, safe atmosphere & a good bond with you before the baby arrives - your focus will then be completely on the baby & the last thing on your mind will probably be sex.

I hope your hubby is understanding ;)

Keep well & enjoy your pregnancy!
Jessie
8 wks

Reply to Jessie
Posted by: Nats | 2006/11/10

Sweets, the best thing to do is not panic, alot of pregnant women experience it. I know how you feel, been there done that. You should sit down and explain to your partner that you feel uncomfortable having sex, he is a man and like all men survive on sexual activity, I am sure he will understand that you might not feel very sexually aroused or otherwise. You will find that you will also go through a stage where you will probably crave sexual activity. Don't worry too much about it. As long as you and your partner have a loving relationship things will be fine. Remeber that although sex is important it isn't the only reason you and your hubby got married in the first place.
Blame the hormones, it's all their fault.

Good luck - it will be fine.

Reply to Nats