Question
Posted by: JJ | 2004/10/12

Pregnancy and pilates

I am 24 weeks pregnant. It is too late to start pilates. I saty in bellville, anyone have an idea of classes close by. If I can't attend now I would like to start after the pregnancy.

Expert ImageArchive

It is never too late to start - you will still benefit if you start now. Your exercise history is important to discuss with the trainer you choose. The trainer should have good training in Pilates (certification by Equilibrium Pilates, for example) but also have done a specific course in Ante-natal exercise and/or have a medical registration as a physio, biokineticist or doctor. You have every right to ask all these questions of your prospective Pilates trainer.

The experience will be as good as your trainer is qualified and experienced.

Living in Belville you may want to try Dr. Elzabe Havenga 084 580 9099.

Have a great pregnancy and enjoy the benefits of a great exercise system.

2
Posted by: sunbizkitz | 2005/03/29

Lee Borrill - 768 1575 or Alison Montagu - 082 789 6690

Reply to sunbizkitz
Posted by: Rie | 2005/01/25

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and would like to start pilates, can you please suggest an instructer in the Johannesbueg (Roodepoort) area?

Reply to Rie