Question
Posted by: RT | 2007/04/23

Pregnancy and Mirina

The doctor inserted the Mirina in january and i have not had my period since last month. Can i fall pregnant with the mirina in me.(know the mirina can take your period away) just making sure.

The Mirena is more than 99% effective in preventing pregnancy.

1
Posted by: lady | 2007/04/23

RT

hi im also thinking about the mirina, but i heard that it is a painfull experience when the doc inserts it. do you need to use any form of conraception with the mirina. when do they change it again.im on yasmin at the moment. im not sure, i have heard of a few people that do get pregnant, but i think things have changed , with new technology and that. so i dont think the doc wil advise you on this if he knows you can fall preg,

Reply to lady