Question
Posted by: Jacqui | 2004/11/03

Pregnancy and Jacuzzi's

Silly question - I will be 30 weeks pregnant this weekend and we are going away. There will be a jacuzzi there and I need to know if it's safe for me to use it. I have heard that it is bad and I have heard that it is okay.

Does it make a difference if it's safe or not as how far one is in pregnancy as a friend is also gong with and she is about 18 weeks pregnant now.

Thanks very much!

If the water is very hot, this is not good for the baby. The jacuzzi itself is fine.

2
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/11/03

The jacuzzi itself is not the problem, it is temperature of the water that might be a problem. If the water is very hot, then you might start feeling dizzy after a while - this is an indication that your blood pressure is increasing a bit.... If you don't do something (like getting out of the jacuzzi), it might become harmfull for the baby and yourself...

So the jacuzzy itself will be fine, and if the water is not extremely hot, you can enjoy your weekend, and chill in the jacuzzzz for as long as you want.

Enjoy..

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: R | 2004/11/03

I am sure it will be fine at long as you don't direct the jets directly onto your tummy. But hey that is just my opinion.

R

Reply to R