Question
Posted by: Maps | 2007/03/28

Pregnancy and hypertension

December last, my unborn baby was declared on breathing due to hypertension. I received bad news which trigerred the hypertension and I was adimitted in order to control/treat the BP. When I was discharged I couldn't feel the foetus movement and I was told that I happens sometimes. After few day I decided to see a GP and was transferred to the hospital again. A gynea took a scan and I was told that my baby is not breathing anymore. I want to know what could have happened?

Also after the above I did a womb scrub and papsmear of which the result showed that everything is fine. A week ago I had pain in my womb and decided to go to a gynea for check up and was told that I have cycst. I don't understand how could that have happened considering the fact that the result for a pap smear were ok and have done a womb scrub three months ago?

You don't say how far pregnant you were. With hypertension, there can be interuption of blood flow to the placenta which can cause the baby to die. Also the placenta sometimes tears loose (abruptio).
A pap smear only screens for cervical cancer. A cyst can develop at any time, so the fact that you were fine 3 months ago does not mean that youi cannot have a cyst now.