Question
Posted by: noxie | 2008/01/11

pregnancy and Hiv

I am hiv+ but my husband isnt. Can we have children and if so, how?

Dear Noxie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Yes, I confirm that you will be able to have children but you will have to consult a Gynaecologist to put you on the correct medication, so that the infant does not contract the HIV virus. Having sex with your husband without protection will pose a risk for him to contract HIV from you. Maybe you should consider Invitro Fertilisation, so that you can have a child by having protected sex and to limit his changes of getting the disease.

Kind regards