Question
Posted by: SP | 2005/07/22

Pregnancy and a cold / flu

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and are comming down with a cold or flu. Blocked nose and slight fever (aircon at work I'm sure!!!). Is there anything I can take that's save to relief the symptoms? I'm too scared to even use vicks.

Thanks SP

Have a look through the archives for previous answers to this question.

3
Posted by: BB | 2005/07/22

Hi SP,

I'm just getting to the end of my cold now, all I used was Panado for the fever and I just boosted up on Vit C, and it seemed to have done the trick. If you don't feel better withing a couple of days, rather go see your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon!!!
BB

Reply to BB
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/22

i always just stock up on Cal C Vita. usually does the trick for me!

Reply to Moi
Posted by: Melanie | 2005/07/22

I am sure if you go to your local pharmacy they would be able to give you something. Just tell them in advance that you are pregnant. If you still feel unsure, ask your doc to fax you a prescription of something that you can take.

Hope you feel better real soon...

Reply to Melanie