Posted by: Sbongile | 2008/09/17

Pregnancy after still birth

Hi there, I had a miscarriage at 8weeks about 2years ago, then this year February, I had a still born at 28weeks due to preeclampsia. Then on April i was on nur isterate injection but i had it only once then i have been trying to fall pregnant but to no avail. What are the chances for me to fall pregnnant again

Dear Sbongile

From the history you have given me I do not think you will have a problem falling pregnant again. You have to bear in mind that you have taken Nur-Isterate injection in April and this Nur-Isterate injection can take between 3 to 4 months to wear out of your body. So effectively you have only been trying for 1 month to fall pregnant. On average most couple will fall pregnant within 6 months, so I think you should only be concerned if you haven’t fallen pregnant sometime next year March or April.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo