Question
Posted by: Nana | 2005/06/24

Pregnancy after periods ?

I heard that I wont it is impossible for a woman to fall pregnant 7 days after her periods, is this true?

No, that is not true.

2
Posted by: M | 2005/06/24

As far as I am aware, in an average cycle of 28 days take day 1 as being the first day of your period. This will last +/- 5 days (day 5). Usually ovulation occurs around day 14. Sperm can live in a woman's bosy for 5 - 7 days, so if I am correct it would be unwise (if you do NOT want to get pregnant) to have unprotected sex from the day of your period ending until about 2 days after ovulation. The "safe" time to have unprotected sex would then be from round about day 18 onwards.

If you look up on google natural family planning it should help you some more.

Good luck , Hope this helps

Reply to M
Posted by: Zettie | 2005/06/24

Is this 7 days from the last day or the first day of your period?

It all depends on what cycle you have, but if it is 7 days from the last day of you period it is very possible to fall pregnant. If you keep a good record of your cycle and ovulation dates, the you should be able to work out if this was the time you ovulated.

But weird things do happen. Some people ovulate today and have their period tomorrow.

Let me know.

Cheers

Reply to Zettie