Question
Posted by: Hopefull | 2007/03/28

Pregnancy after Miscarraige

I had a miscarraige a week ago. I had a D&C on Thursday. I would just like to know how long must I wait to start TTC again and is it save to have sex?

Please advice.

It is advisable to wait at least 3 months before trying again. You can have sex as soon as the bleeding has settled, about a week.

3
Posted by: Hopefull | 2007/03/31

Thanks and sorry to hear about you as well, its nice to know that I'm not the only one. Im not holding up so well, my emosions is chaos. I was 8 weeks pregnant and it was my first pregnancy. So the disapointment is big. I'm a little scared of falling pregnant again, but I really want to have a baby.

Good Luck to both of you as well.

Reply to Hopefull
Posted by: Anne | 2007/03/29

I also had a miscarraige - I was 5 weeks pregnant. I had my D&C on 23 March. I did not have any pain after the first 2 days. My Doc told me I can try when ever I feel I am ready. Was this your first pregnancy? I have a little boy 21months old, so I was so surprised that I had a miscarriage with the second pregnancy as my first was such a pleasure. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Nix | 2007/03/29

Sorry to hear of your loss, i too had a miscarrige and then D&C on 16 March 2007. it's really hard, how are you holding up?? my doc told me that as soon as i'm comfortable enough to have sex i can, and also to wait for the bleeding to stop. you're probably still on pain killers so make sure your body is completely naturally pain free before starting again. it should take a couple of days. one good thing in our favour though is that we are cleaner now then ever before inside and conception should happen quickly. how far along were you? i was 11 weeks.

Reply to Nix