Posted by: Lola | 2008/06/12

Pregnancy After Depo Provera?

Good day
Long story short: My husband had a vasectomy 4 years ago. In the meantime we got married. I used Depo provera until March 2008. After long discussion and seeing a specialist, we discover that my husband can undergo surgery and have his vasectomy reversed. It is pricy though and no I need to know will I experience any problems on my side due to the Depo that I used. Are there anything that I can do to help me have my regular period and ovulation back? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place - I want my husband to undergo the operation, but what if I'm not gonna be able to have normal periods and ovulation again? How long will it take for it to be regular and normal again?

Dear Lola
The affect of Depo Provera may continue directly or indirectly for as long as 2yrs after stopping. However, there are definite means by which ovulation can be induced and the process returned to normal much quicker. However, I must also caution you the reversal of vasectomies do not always lead to normal, healthy sperm counts and it may still be necessary to seek help for fertility by means of assisted reproductive techniques such as IVF.

Posted by: Roxie | 2008/07/18

hi, i went on Depo-Provera in april and my next shot was due 27 of june, i was about a week or two late to have the shot and in the mean time my fiance and i had unprotected sex not thinking!! i then went to get my shots. could i be pregnant??? feeling nauseous and my breasts hurt smelling everything and generally not hungry at all!

Reply to Roxie
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/06/13

Ive never been on Depo but from what I have read and heard it will take anything between 8 months to over a year for your periods to return. If your DH goes for the op now then by the time your periods come back he might have a normal sperm count again, so it kind of works out for you. Get him to take 4x Staminogro tablets every night to increase his sperm count and quality.

Reply to Dee GTC