Question
Posted by: Confused | 2004/01/26

Pregnancy after a miscarriage

I had a miscarriage a month ago ( +- 3 weeks old). Last week I started having the pregnancy symptons ( nauseas, vomiting, sore breasts, tiredness etc) so i took a home pregnancy test on Sat and came out positive. Does this mean I'm pregnant again or is the pregnancy hormones from the previous still on my body. After the D & C everything went back to normal though, the symptoms went away, my breasts went back to the normal size etc

Please help me I;m confussed and worried about this.

If the pregnancy test is positive a month after the misacarriage, this would suggest a new pregnancy. However, I would suggest that you confirm it with a blood test as it is rather soon to fall pregnant again.

2
Posted by: Anita | 2004/01/26

I don't think this is new pregnancy symptoms. I think you body is still going through the hormonal changes.

I also had a miscarriage, in May 2003 (at 4 weeks) to be exact. I also had these symptoms afterwords. These will turn back to normal in now time. Don't give up hope though. I fell pregnant 5 months after my miscarriage and I'm a healthy 18 weeks pregnant.

Good Luck to you.

Reply to Anita
Posted by: Li | 2004/01/26

You could very well be pregnant again.

One of the ladys - I work with told me that after you have a D & C - It is very easy to fall pregnant again.

But wait and see what the Doc has to say.

Reply to Li