Question
Posted by: Liza | 2007/05/09

Pregnancy after 2 D&C's

I am 30 years old and miscarried at 9 weeks of pregnancy in March this year. It was a missed miscarriage and only picked up at what was supposed to be my 12 week scan. I was booked in for a D&C the very same day and after 2 weeks of continued spotting / discharge I returned to the doctor who gave me Cytotec tablets as he said there was still products of conception in my uterus. I took these tablets and after a week nothing had changed - still spotting etc. I made an appointment with a different doctor for a 2nd opinion. He did a scan and could see that there was still left over products which were not removed. I had another D & C and the doctor tested for cancer. No cancer or abnormalities were found. After 2 weeks after this 2nd D&C I was still bleeding so the doctor has given me Premarin, Provera and Cyclokapron, The bleeding has now stopped and I am hoping all is okay now. My question is ( after this long story) is when can my husband and I try to conceive again ?

Give it another month and then start trying.

4
Posted by: Nix | 2007/05/10

if so give me your email address and i'll invite you to chat

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Nix | 2007/05/10

are you on MSN???

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Liza | 2007/05/10

Hi Nix

I'd like to get into chat as it would be nice sharing things with someone who knows how I'm feeling

Reply to Liza
Posted by: nix | 2007/05/10

hi there, i also had a missed miscarriage which ended in a D&C in March, it's really tough i know. i know this is not what you want to hear, but especially what you've been through, let you body experiance on normal cycle. once you've had your first proper period then go for it again. i'm now in my first proper cycle, (i'm ovulating now, no guessing what i'm up to hey!!! - lol). it should take about 6 - 8 weeks after your D&C to come right, but i'd think you should take it from 6 - 8 weeks from your second one. i'm only saying 6 - 8 weeks cause that's the longest time it should take, it could take you 2 weeks, just listen to your body. good luck. if you wanna chat let me know.

Reply to nix